How to remove HDQuality (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove HDQuality (Virus Removal Guide)
HDQuality (also searched for as HDQuality virus or HDQualityProSMG) is detected as an intrusive potentially unwanted program (PUP) by reputable internet security products that usually downloads and installs without user consent or knowledge. The HDQuality program can automatically install in the background while you work on your computer or browse the web. Once the “HDQuality virus” has been introduced to your machine it will create a folder by the same name, add new tasks to Windows which allow it to run when you start your computer, and generate unwanted pop-up ads and cause browser redirects.
What is HDQuality?
HDQuality is promoted by third-party software bundlers and download managers associated with freeware and dubious torrent files as a high-end HiFi emulator or media player for your PC.
HDQuality malware and adware that it bundles with generate very intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by HDQuality are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
HDQuality adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove HDQuality if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did HDQuality get on my computer?
HDQuality and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. HDQuality is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that HDQuality adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”HDQuality overview”]
- HDQuality bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- HDQuality is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- HDQuality injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- HDQuality makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings (such as Windows registry) and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove HDQuality virus
- Option 1: Automatically remove HDQuality virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove HDQuality
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call:
Option 1: Automatically remove HDQuality virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “HDQuality” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing HDQuality we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove HDQuality.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove HDQuality
How to uninstall HDQuality
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for HDQuality in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click HDQuality to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find HDQuality in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove HDQuality below.[/note]
How to remove HDQuality add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the HDQuality extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the HDQuality add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the HDQuality extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find HDQuality in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove HDQuality below.[/note]
HDQuality virus removal tips
- If you do not find HDQuality in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing HDQuality you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.