GoPhoto.it virus (search.gophoto.it)
The GoPhoto.it virus (also found as the Go Photo virus, Go Photo It virus, GoPhoto It, Ads by GoPhoto.it, search.gophoto.it redirect virus, GoPhotoIt, etc..; though not technically a computer virus) is malware categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent in order to serve targeted advertisements and cause further complications.
Once GoPhoto.it malware is installed the program will being to collect user information and will attempt to display target advertisements, as well as corrupt internet browser settings in order to cause affected internet browsers to redirect to search.gophoto.it.
GoPhoto.it malware generates a wide variety of advertisements from pop-up ads, pop-under ads, to in-text advertisements and simple banner adverts. The image above is an advertisement served from GoPhotoIt
In some cases GoPhoto.it pop-up advertisements will appear form the bottom of an open internet browser window with a large advert that says “Deals” on the top corner. Some of these advertisements may also be displayed by third-party software like Ads by PlusHD and so the advertisements generated will say something similar to “Ads brought by Plus-HD 2.2” and so on.
According to security vendor Symantec Norton, GoPhotoIt is malicious, and software such as Norton 360 will not only block the file GoPhotoIt_Setup_S.exe from infecting a computer – it will actually completely remove the file. This will stop the malware from automatically installing and may prompt a random notification from Windows stating that a file is missing.
GoPhoto.it malware and third-party items have also been reported to submit collected user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unsolicited telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
The GoPhoto.it extension on Google Chrome has permission to access your data on all websites, access your tabs and browsing activity.
How does GoPhoto.it adware get onto a computer?
GoPhoto.it often bundles with third-party freeware and shareware from websites such as download.com (and is even available on the website) and can also bundle with torrents from websites such as thepiratebay.
In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install GoPhoto.it when installing software from certain websites; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
GoPhoto.it can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded from their company website conveniently titled the same as their software.
How to remove the GoPhoto virus
- Automatically remove GoPhoto.it virus – Scan for and automatically remove GoPhoto.it and third-party malware
- Manually remove GoPhoto.it virus – Remove/Uninstall GoPhoto.it and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic GoPhoto.it virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove GoPhoto.it and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove search.gohoto.it search engine from your internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected (such as PUP.Optional.Gophoto.A). Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, remove search.gophoto.it, and uninstall GoPhoto.it, as well as associated third-party malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall GoPhoto.it navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for GoPhoto.it in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual GoPhoto.it virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall GoPhoto.it and third-party malware using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall GoPhoto.it
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for GoPhoto.it and other potentially unwanted software. Once GoPhoto.It is located, double click it or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button. *Keep in mind that GoPhoto.it may use a different title name than suggested, as well as bundle with additional software that may need to be removed.
How to remove GoPhoto.it add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove GoPhoto.it add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the GoPhoto.it extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the GoPhoto.it add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the GoPhoto.it add-on and remove it if located.