How to remove Fusion Browser (Virus Removal Guide)
Fusion Browser (also searched for as Fusion Browser virus and FusionBrowser) is promoted as a free alternative internet browser. However, Fusion Browser is detected as adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs, such as Symantec Norton, AVG, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It has a very high detection ratio, which means that most internet security products will detect and remove Fusion Browser. Fusion Browser is essentially an advertisement-injector program and browser plugin that changes existing internet browser settings and injects the webpages you visit with targeted advertisements. Ads displayed by this adware will usually say Ads by Fusion Browser or brought by Fusion Browser on them.
This Fusion Browser removal guide will help you remove Fusion Browser virus from your PC and get rid of ads by Fusion Browser on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari.
[fancy_box title=”Fusion Browser overview”]
- Fusion Browser adware bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Fusion Browser adware is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- Fusion Browser adware injects the webpages you visit with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Fusion Browser adware can access and modify your information about the websites you view online and content you search for. Fusion Browser has access to your bookmarks and browser history. It uses this information to formulate ‘targeted’ style advertisements it feels might interest you.
- Fusion Browser adware changes existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing the adware to run every time Windows starts.
Remove Fusion Browser (Virus Removal Guide)
- Step 1: Uninstall Fusion Browser
- Step 2: Scan your computer and remove Fusion Browser with Malwarebytes
- Call Tech Support: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Uninstall Fusion Browser
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for Fusion Browser in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Fusion Browser to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Fusion Browser in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Fusion Browser extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Fusion Browser add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Fusion Browser extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Scan your computer and remove Fusion Browser with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Fusion Browser” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Fusion Browser we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Fusion Browser.[/note]
Fusion Browser virus removal tips
- If you do not find Fusion Browser in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Fusion Browser you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411