How to remove fst_us_101 (Virus Removal Guide)
fst_us_101 by freeSoftToday is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware located in the adware category. The fst_us_101 program is used to collect user information, update third-party items, and display targeted advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
The fst_us_101 program displays pop-up advertisements across a variety of platforms. Advertisements are diverse and generate in several forms, including generic banner advertisements, in-text advertisements, and more.
fst_us_101 malware may collect user information as the program and associated add-ons and extensions will have permission to access a user’s complete browser activity and history, as well as sensitive information a user may manually submit to online forms. In turn, this assist the program in displaying targeted advertisements pertaining to a user’s activity. Information may also be submitted to third-party mailing indexes, which may result in email spam, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers.
This program has close affiliations with third-party malware, including browser hijackers, spyware, and trojans. If this program is installed to your computer, it is likely the least of your problems. Associated malware has the potential to corrupt proxy settings.
How to remove the fst_us_101 virus
- Option 1: fst_us_101 Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove fst_us_101 malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove fst_us_101 – This second option details how to manually uninstall fst_us_101 and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. fst_us_101 Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove fst_us_101 and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall fst_us_101 adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall fst_us_101 (fst_us_101 published by freesofttoday) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for fst_us_101, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove fst_us_101
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall fst_us_101 adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- It may be necessary to uninstall third-party software.
How to uninstall fst_us_101
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for fst_us_101 (fst_us_101 published by freesofttoday) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove fst_us_101 add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove fst_us_101 add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the fst_us_101 extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the fst_us_101 add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the fst_us_101 add-on and remove it if located.