How to remove FastClean PRO (Virus Removal Guide)
FastClean PRO virus
The FastClean PRO virus (also found as the Fast Clean Pro virus, FastClean PRO by ASAP Tech Help LLC) is a potentially unwanted program or potential malware categorized as scareware and spyware (rogue software). Many users have claimed that FastClean PRO installed without their consent in order to perform a scan, which results in misleading results. This program may engage in unethical marketing practices in order to aggressively create customers.
FastClean PRO is not technically a computer virus; However, the non-beneficial Windows Optimizer program is very similar to SpeedUpMyPC 2014 because it can cause issues for computer and internet users relating to the loss of computer functionality and invasion of privacy.
Once FastClean PRO is installed the scareware program performs several scans that will claim there are a very large number of errors and junk items found. Once a user tries to fix the errors by clicking Next a pop-up will appear that claims a user must register Fast Clean Pro in order to fix the issues. This can be defined as FUD or an aggressive marketing tactic.
If a user tries to close FastClean PRO a pop-up will appear on Windows Desktop that may say “Warning! Your computer’s performance is at risk!”
The FastClean PRO virus may also install third-party software including Search Protect by Conduit and other items. The third-party items are often attached to internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension and are used to change existing internet browser settings. In turn this causes affected internet browsers to start up on and redirect to unwanted websites.
The FastClean PRO virus and similar potential rogue software or non-beneficial software raise many privacy concerns and are often categorized as spyware. Some reports indicate that FastClean PRO and associated parties may include users to marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent computing and browsing activity.
FastClean PRO is promoted as a Windows Optimizer and free download, but it should be noted that the program is not actually free to use.
How does the FastClean PRO virus get onto a computer?
FastClean PRO can be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of online locations; However, FastClean PRO primarily bundles during the installation and setup of third-party freeware and shareware from websites such as brothersoft.com, download.com, and softonic.com.
FastClean PRO malware and related items may also download to a computer without user authorization via advertisements, content, and torrents found on media related websites like Movie4k.to.
How to remove FastClean PRO virus
1. Auto FastClean PRO virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove FastClean PRO scareware and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn and possibly rogue FastClean PRO software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “FastCleanPRO.”
4. To automatically uninstall potential rogue FastClean PRO software (by ASAP Tech Help LLC) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual FastClean PRO virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall FastClean PRO software using generic removal procedures (if allowed), as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside potential rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall FastClean PRO
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for FastClean PRO (by ASAP Tech Help LLC) and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.