How to remove FastAgain PC Booster (Virus Removal Guide)
FastAgain PC Booster (Activeris) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and malware found in the scareware category that many computer owners have found installed without their consent. FastAgain PC Booster is essentially a non-beneficial Windows Optimizer program that utilizes aggressive and misleading marketing tactics in order to create customers.
Once installed, FastAgain PC Booster will begin to scan a computer for system related errors, COM and ActiveX errors, user related errors, and start-up errors. Once complete the scan results will state that hundreds of total registry errors are found. In order to fix the allegedly detected problems a computer user must register the software and purchase a license key.
The scan results can be found as misleading and are designed to collect manually submitted user information, such as full names, email addresses, and more, and are also used to create customers. *Manually submitting information such as your email address can result in unwanted email messages from Activeris and third-parties.
If FastAgain software is installed, it is likely that third-party malware and PUPs are also present on the affected computer system, including adware and spyware such as Cinema Plus used to collect sensitive data and display targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers.
Potential FastAgain PC Booster malware primarily installs alongside free software (Freeware) distributed by suspicious websites and advertisements.
How to remove FastAgain PC Booster
- Option 1: FastAgain PC Booster Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove FastAgain PC Booster malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove FastAgain PC Booster – This second option details how to manually uninstall FastAgain PC Booster and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. FastAgain PC Booster Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove FastAgain PC Booster and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall FastAgain PC Booster adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall FastAgain PC Booster (by Activeris) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for FastAgain PC Booster, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove FastAgain PC Booster
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall FastAgain PC Booster adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- It may be necessary to uninstall third-party software.
How to uninstall FastAgain PC Booster
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for FastAgain PC Booster (by Activeris) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove FastAgain PC Booster add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the unwanted add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the unwanted add-on and remove it if located.