How to remove Fast Media Converter (Virus Removal Guide)
Fast Media Converter is adware found as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware by most reputable security products that is promoted as a freeware used to convert all file types. Users have complained that Fast Media Converter changes existing Internet Browser settings and displays unwanted advertisements across multiple internet browsers without their consent.
Potential Fast Media Converter malware and associated programs, including browser add-ons and extensions often have permission to access, collect, and change user information and settings, such as browser activity and history, as well as browser bookmarks, themes, shortcuts, and internet search engines.
Advertisements display by this program are often identified by text that says something similar to “Ads by Fast Media Converter,” although these advertisements may be served by additional third-party adware and advertising platforms.
Fast Media Converter has been found to associate with and bundle with additional third-party malware and PUPs. In turn, a computer user may experience advertisements served from third-party platforms such as RightCoupon, browser redirects when a opening a new browser window or tab, browser redirects when searching the web using the affected browser’s address bar, hijacked homepage settings, and other issues.
How to remove Fast Media Converter
- Option 1: Fast Media Converter Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Fast Media Converter malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Fast Media Converter – This second option details how to manually uninstall Fast Media Converter and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Fast Media Converter Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Fast Media Converter and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Fast Media Converter adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Fast Media Converter and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Fast Media Converter, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Fast Media Converter
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Fast Media Converter adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Fast Media Converter
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Fast Media Converter and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Fast Media Converter add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Fast Media Converter add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Fast Media Converter extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Fast Media Converter add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Fast Media Converter add-on and remove it if located.