How to remove Fabulous Discounts (Virus Removal Guide)
Fabulous Discounts virus
Fabulous Discounts is adware detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) (PUP.Optional.Fabulous.Discounts.T, etc.) and malware by most security products. Fabulous Discounts serves advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer and associates with third-party items that corrupt existing internet browser settings.
Fabulous Discounts malware and associated programs, including browser add-ons and extensions often have permission to access and collect user information. The collected information, such as browser activity and history is then used to serve targeted advertisements on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Furthermore, collected user information may be distributed to third-party mailing lists; resulting in unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers.
Advertisements display by this program are often identified by text that says something similar to “Ads by Fabulous Discounts,” although these advertisements may be served by additional third-party adware and advertising platforms.
Fabulous Discounts is known to associate with and bundle with additional third-party malware and PUPs. In turn, a computer user may experience advertisements served from third-party platforms such as RightCoupon, browser redirects when a opening a new browser window or tab, browser redirects when searching the web using the affected browser’s address bar, hijacked homepage settings, and other issues.
Reputable Anti-Malware programs such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium will block this program from infecting a computer in real-time. If Malwarebytes is installed, a “Non-Malware Detected” notification may appear on the bottom right corner of your desktop. If you are presented with this notification, select Quarantine to completely isolate and remove Fabulous Discounts adware.
How to remove Fabulous Discounts virus
- Option 1: Fabulous Discounts Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Fabulous Discounts malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Fabulous Discounts – This second option details how to manually uninstall Fabulous Discounts and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Fabulous Discounts Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Fabulous Discounts and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
2. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
4. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Fabulous Discounts adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Fabulous Discounts and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Fabulous Discounts, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Fabulous Discounts
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Fabulous Discounts adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Fabulous Discounts
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Fabulous Discounts and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Fabulous Discounts add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Fabulous Discounts add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Fabulous Discounts extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Fabulous Discounts add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Fabulous Discounts add-on and remove it if located.