How to remove EZ Software Updater (Virus Removal Guide)
What is EZ Software Updater?
EZ Software Updater is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware associated with the adware and browser hijacker categories of computer threats. This program is sometimes referred to as the EZ Software Updater virus, although it is not technically a computer virus. EZ Software Updater is known to collect user information, change existing browser settings, and display pop-up advertisements across multiple internet browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
EZ Software Updater and associates items, including third-party items that it may bundle with, such as browser add-ons and extensions often have permission to access and collect user information as well as change existing internet browser settings.
In turn, potential EZ Software Updater malware may use collected information to generate a wide variety of “targeted” advertisements across multiple internet browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Most advertisements are identified by text that says something similar to “Ads by EZ Software Updater;” Although, these advertisements may be served by a third-party advertising platform and additional adware.
This program and associated browser add-ons and extensions can also cause internet browsers to start-up on and redirect to unwanted websites. Unwanted browser redirects often occur when opening a new browser window, opening a new browser tab, or searching the internet using the web browser address bar.
This potential malware primarily installs alongside third-party freeware and media related files distributed by websites such as download.com and others, including torrent websites. Users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline and offer to install EZ Software Updater and other programs; However, the request to deny the program is often ignored or presented in a confusing manner and the program will install without direct user consent and knowledge.
How to remove EZ Software Updater virus
- Option 1: EZ Software Updater Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove EZ Software Updater malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove EZ Software Updater – This second option details how to manually uninstall EZ Software Updater and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. EZ Software Updater Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove EZ Software Updater and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall EZ Software Updater adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall EZ Software Updater version 184.108.40.206, etc. and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for EZ Software Updater, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove EZ Software Updater
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall EZ Software Updater adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall EZ Software Updater
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for EZ Software Updater version 220.127.116.11, etc. and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove EZ Software Updater add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove EZ Software Updater add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the EZ Software Updater extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the EZ Software Updater add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the EZ Software Updater add-on and remove it if located.