How to remove Enhancetronic (Virus Removal Guide)
Enhancetronic is an advertisement-serving platform that uses browser add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs), and extensions to display pop-up ads on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Frequently referred to as the Enhancetronic virus (enhance tronic virus), this item is detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or malware and is found in the adware, browser hijacker, and spyware categories of infections.
Enhancetronic malware is similar to adware called Text Enhance and primarily installs to a computer running the Microsoft Windows Operating System. This program also attaches to Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer without direct user consent in order to serve targeted advertisements; which in return may create additional privacy relating issues for computer users.
Once Enhancetronic adware is installed to Windows, the program and/or associated third-party items, including browser add-ons will being to collect user information and will then use the collected data to display target advertisements, deals, and offers.
Enhancetronic advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms. Some are pop-under browser redirects that likely appear under an open browser window, in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by Enhancetronic” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by Enhancetronic Deals” on them.
Furthermore, software associated with this program may change existing browser settings, including the homepage and default search engine. This causes browsers to startup and redirect to unwanted websites and search engines when a user boots an affected browser, uses the address or omni bar to search the web, or opens a new tab.
In some cases no Enhancetronic extension is found even though advertisements are generating. If this is the case you will need to only uninstall unwanted software that may have a different title than suggested via Windows Control Panel or the software’s uninstall.exe file found in the directory folder.
How does Enhancetronic malware get onto a computer?
Enhancetronic malware bundles with third-party freeware and shareware found on aggressive websites such as download.com.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Enhancetronic software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
This software may also be contracted via advertisements and links found in email spam, social media content, etc.
How to remove the Enhancetronic virus
- Automatically remove Enhancetronic virus – Scan for and automatically remove Enhancetronic and third-party malware
- Manually remove Enhancetronic virus – Remove/Uninstall Enhancetronic and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Enhancetronic removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Enhancetronic and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Enhancetronic adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Enhancetronic and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Enhancetronic, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Enhancetronic removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Enhancetronic and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Enhancetronic
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Enhancetronic and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. *Keep in mind that Enhancetronic may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove Enhancetronic add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Enhancetronic add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. *Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Enhancetronic extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Enhancetronic add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Enhancetronic add-on and remove it if located.