If you notice your internet browser beings to redirects to ebd123.com and other webpages it is likely that your computer has become infected with adware and potentially unwanted programs. Even worse, your computer may have also contracted malware and other threats. Adware and unwanted programs commonly bundle with malicious programs and files. The ebd123 redirect usually occurs when you open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the browser’s address bar. Browser redirects to ebd123 may also occur at random times and be the result of pop-under advertisements that take up an entire browser window.
Browser redirects are the result of programs, browser add-ons and extensions, and deceptive files that may have accessed your computer. To remove ebd123.com and stop unwanted browser redirects it is recommended to uninstall any programs that may have enter your computer via Windows Control Panel, remove browser attachments that may be present, and scan your computer for existing malware with a reputable tool. Preferably a free tool that can scan and remove malware from your computer like Malwarebytes and HitmanPro.
To protect against future threats and keep your personal details secure it is recommended to buy the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software with real-time protection. Malwarebytes can protect you against threats that your Antivirus won’t.
Ebd123.com (Removal Guide)
- Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
- Step 2: Remove browser add-on and extensions
- Step 3: Remove ebd123.com search engine
- Step 4: Remove ebd123.com homepage
- Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 6: Clean up your computer
Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
1.Navigate to the Control Panel on Windows Start Menu.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove a program).
3. A list of programs installed on your computer will appear. Search for suspicious and unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once a program you want to remove is located, double click to begin the uninstall process (or select the program and click Uninstall).
Step 2: Remove browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the add-on, select it, and remove it.
Step 3: Remove ebd123.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove ebd123.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove ebd123.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to ebd123.com search engine to remove it.
Step 4: Remove ebd123.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove ebd123.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove ebd123.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove ebd123.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.
Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program and click the Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
3. When the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer to completely remove detected files.
Step 6: Clean up your computer
1. Download and Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Open CCleaner after it is installed and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, etc., all the way to Context Menu and click Disable and Delete once anything you do not recognize is found. This will help you locate and remove unwanted browser attachments and repair other settings.