How to remove Easy Speed Check (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Easy Speed Check?
Easy Speed Check by Probit Software LTD is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware found in the adware category of potential computer risks and threats. This program is allegedly freeware used to scan and test internet and performance speeds, including downloads and ulploads; However, many have found the results to be non-beneficial and misleading.
The Easy Speed Check test is found to be misleading since it will not properly identify issues and is essentially considered an advertisements in itself as it seems that its main purpose is to promote third-party programs. The program will also ask users to active, register, and purchase additional programs like Easy Speed PC or PC HealthFix once the scan is complete in order to optimize computer performance and speed.
Potential Easy Speed Check malware often bundles with additional adware and spyware used to display advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
How to remove Easy Speed Check virus
- Option 1: Easy Speed Check Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Easy Speed Check malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Easy Speed Check – This second option details how to manually uninstall Easy Speed Check and remove unwanted browser attachments.
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Easy Speed Check Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Easy Speed Check and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Easy Speed Check adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Easy Speed Check by Probit Software LTD and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Easy Speed Check, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Easy Speed Check
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Easy Speed Check adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Easy Speed Check
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Easy Speed Check by Probit Software LTD and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the unwanted add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the unwanted add-on and remove it if located.