How to remove Eakona Updater (Virus Removal Guide)
Eakona Updater (by Eakona Corp) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware found in the adware category of computer threats that has caused various issues for computer users. Most users have complained that Eakona Updater installed without their consent and that the program basically violated their civil liberties. Users have stated that the program invades a user’s privacy, changes existing internet settings, and generates targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Potential Eakona Updater malware uses very aggressive marketing tactics in order to infect a computer system. In most cases a computer user may not notice that this program has installed without their consent. Interfaces used to install this program also ignore user’s request to decline offers to install this program during the setup process of third-party files and software.
Advertisements displayed by this program are primarily targeted ads and include generic banners, in-text ads (pictured above), and pop-under advertisements.
This program can also direct users to fraudulent and suspicious survey websites used to collect manually submitted information. These survey websites are often designed to appear similar to a user’s currently visited website.
If you notice Eakona Updater has installed to your computer system it is likely that third-party malware and PUPs are also present on your computer and need to be removed, including Search Snacks or other adware platforms. This program is often used to update third-party and associated programs.
How to remove the Eakona Updater virus
- Option 1: Eakona Updater Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Eakona Updater malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Eakona Updater – This second option details how to manually uninstall Eakona Updater and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Eakona Updater Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Eakona Updater and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Eakona Updater adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Eakona Updater (by Eakona Corp) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Eakona Updater, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Eakona Updater
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Eakona Updater adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Eakona Updater
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Eakona Updater (by Eakona Corp) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Eakona Updater add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Eakona Updater add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Eakona Updater extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Eakona Updater add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Eakona Updater add-on and remove it if located.