What is DriverMax?
DriverMax (DriverMax 7 by Innovative Solutions) may be considered a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) by many security vendors and referred to as a a non-beneficial Microsoft Windows program. Security analysts have claimed that these types of programs are not necessary and realistically utilize aggressive marketing tactics in order to get user’s to sign of for marketing mailing lists or purchase software that performs tasks that are already provided for free on a Microsoft Windows Operating System.
Furthermore, programs like DriverMax by Innovative Solutions utilize marketing techniques that bundle them with additional PUPs, including adware, as well as potential malware. These programs are often blacklisted or flagged by top security vendors. It should also be noted that this program may bundle with and install alongside legitimate software as pictured below.
DriverMax claims to be a free scan for PCs that allow the user to find outdated or missing hardware drivers that can cause reduced functionality and performance, as well as system instability; However, these tasks are normally provided for free and will occur automatically by default. And some analysts actually claim that programs like DriverMax will take up additional space on a Hard Drive and may decrease PC performance.
Once installed, DriverMax may perform a scan or persuade a user to perform a scan. Once the scan submits results, it will demand that users create an account in order to use the program.
To create an account, the program will asks for personal information such as your full name and email address. This may lead to unwanted email spam and other unwanted messages. Programs similar to DriverMax 7 like MyPCBackup or notorious for sending continuous email spam promoting a wide list of contractors.
How to remove the DriverMax virus
- Option 1: Automatically remove DriverMax – This first option details how to remove DriverMax malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove DriverMax – This second option details how to manually uninstall DriverMax
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic DriverMax removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove DriverMax and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall DriverMax adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall DriverMax and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for DriverMax, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual DriverMax removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall DriverMax adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall DriverMax
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for DriverMax 7 by Innovative Solutions and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.