How to remove Driver Restore (Virus Removal Guide)
Driver Restore virus
Driver Restore (also found as DriverRestore by 383 Media Inc.) is a potentially unwanted program and malware found in the scareware category of possible computer threats. Driver Restore is noted to install to a computer system without clear and direct user consent and uses aggressive marketing tactics in order to create customers.
Driver Restore may also bundle with third-party items such as adware that is used to collect user information and display pop-up advertisements across popular internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Potential Driver Restore malware is essentially a non-beneficial program that when installed will claim a computer’s drivers need to be updated and restored. In order to perform this task a user must purchase the software. It should be noted that updates are free and you do not have to purchase any third-party software to update your computer system, including drivers.
The Driver Restore program and associated websites where purchases are available are difficult to navigate through and close. Users will be presented with pop-up alerts that attempt to persuade visitors to purchase a Driver Restore Registration Key.
How to remove Driver Restore
- Option 1: Driver Restore Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Driver Restore malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Driver Restore – This second option details how to manually uninstall Driver Restore and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-866-521-2427 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Driver Restore Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Driver Restore and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Driver Restore adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall DriverRestore by 383 Media Inc. and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Driver Restore, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Driver Restore
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Driver Restore adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- It may be necessary to uninstall third-party software.
How to uninstall Driver Restore
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for DriverRestore by 383 Media Inc. and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Driver Restore add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Driver Restore add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Driver Restore extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Driver Restore add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Driver Restore add-on and remove it if located.