The DoughGo virus is a broad term used to identify a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or potential malware found in the adware, browser hijacker, and spyware categories of infections. DoughGo is a free program that displays a wide variety of pop-up advertisements. This program may also cause other privacy relating issues concerning the collection and distribution of personal user data.
Once DoughGo malware is installed to a Microsoft Windows Operating System and attached to a user’s internet browser such as Chrome, Firefox, and/or Internet Explorer, the adware and spyware program will begin to collect and observe user data in order to display targeted advertisements.
DoughGo advertisements come in many forms. Some can be found when hovering over text and are called “in-text” advertisements, some ads pop out when hovering over images, and other ads are generic banner and skyscraper advertisements.
Users of DoughGo and similar adware often complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and sometimes telephone calls from telemarketers. Once these types of programs get onto a computer, they may begin to collect data that users manually submit online in order to add these users to mailing and marketing lists, inducing the lists of third-party affiliates, contractors, and larger-based partners.
DoughGo may use several titles in order to change Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer settings. DoughGo can cause a browser to redirect to unwanted websites and has the capabilities to change the homepage, causing browsers to start-up on unwanted search engines.
How does DoughGo malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install DoughGo software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
DoughGo software can be manually downloaded from a variety of sources on the web.
How to remove the DoughGo virus
- Automatically remove DoughGo virus – Scan for and automatically remove DoughGo and third-party malware
- Manually remove DoughGo virus – Remove/Uninstall DoughGo and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic DoughGo virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove DoughGo and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall DoughGo adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall DoughGo and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for DoughGo, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual DoughGo virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall DoughGo and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall DoughGo (DoughGo Deals)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for DoughGo and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that DoughGo may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove DoughGo add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove DoughGo Deals add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the DoughGo extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the DoughGo add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the DoughGo add-on and remove it if located.