How to remove DiscountApp (Virus Removal Guide)
What is DiscountApp?
DiscountApp (Discount App) is adware and is often detected as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) by reputable security products. DiscountApp may access user information in order to serve multiple forms of targeted advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Advertisements display by this potential malware can be identified by text that includes content similar to “Ads by DiscountApp“ at the bottom or top of the advertisement; Although, these advertisements may be served by additional third-party adware and advertising platforms.
DiscountApp has been found to associate with and bundle with additional third-party malware and PUPs. In turn, a computer user may experience advertisements served from third-party platforms such as RightCoupon, browser redirects when a opening a new browser window or tab, browser redirects when searching the web using the affected browser’s address bar, hijacked homepage settings, and other issues.
How to remove DiscountApp
- Option 1: DiscountApp Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove DiscountApp malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove DiscountApp – This second option details how to manually uninstall DiscountApp and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. DiscountApp Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove DiscountApp and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall DiscountApp adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall DiscountApp and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for DiscountApp, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove DiscountApp
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall DiscountApp adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall DiscountApp
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for DiscountApp and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove DiscountApp add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove DiscountApp add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the DiscountApp extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the DiscountApp add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the DiscountApp add-on and remove it if located.