How to remove Discount Dragon (Virus Removal Guide)
Discount Dragon virus
Discount Dragon (also found as the Discount Dragon virus or discountdragon) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or potential malware. categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware. Discount Dragon creates much suspicion because the program collects user information and in turn uses the data to display pop-up advertisements.This can cause many issues for computer users relating to the invasion of privacy.
Discount Dragon malware is a potentially unwanted program for the Microsoft Windows Operating System. It can utilize browser hijacker capabilities in order to attach itself and third-party items to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and/or Internet Explorer as an add-on, BHO, and extension.
Once installed Discount Dragon will begin to collect user information and will display targeted advertisements, or ads it feels are relevant to the user. Some ads pop up when a user hovers over image or text, and other advertisements are simply generic banner and skyscraper advertisements that may say “Ads by Discount Dragon” or “Discount Dragon Deals” on them.
Discount Dragon users and users of similar adware such as PassShow often complain of unwanted email spam, junk mail, and sometimes telephone calls from telemarketers. Once these types of programs get onto a computer, they may collect data that users manually submit online in order to add these users to mailing and marketing lists, inducing the lists of third-party affiliates, contractors, and larger-based partners.
How does Discount Dragon malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Discount Dragon software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner and a user may accidentally install the software without their knowledge.
Discount Dragon software can be manually downloaded from a variety of sources on the web, including the company website.
How to remove the Discount Dragon virus
- OPTION 1: Automatically remove Discount Dragon virus with Malarwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and/or CCleaner by Piriform
- OPTION 2: Manually uninstall Discount Dragon from Windows and remove the Discount Dragon hijacker from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer
- FOR TECH SUPPORT – Call 1-888-986-8411 and we will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Discount Dragon virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Discount Dragon and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Discount Dragon adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Discount Dragon and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Discount Dragon, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Discount Dragon virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Discount Dragon and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Discount Dragon
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Discount Dragon and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Discount Dragon may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove Discount Dragon add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Discount Dragon add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Discount Dragon extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Discount Dragon add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Discount Dragon add-on and remove it if located.