The DiscouNNtExtensi virus (also found as DiscouNNtExtensi 7.2) is potential malware or a PUP detected as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware. DiscouNNtExtensi adware primarily installs to a computer running the Microsoft Windows Operating System and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension without direct user consent. DiscouNNtExtensi is utilized to serve targeted pop-up advertisements, which in return can introduce additional privacy relating issues for computer users.
Once DiscouNNtExtensi malware is installed, the adware program will being to collect user information that it uses to display target advertisements, deals, and offers or advertisements that it feels are relevant to the user.
DiscouNNtExtensi displays a large variety of ads. Some advertisements defined as pop-under ads, in-text ads that say something like “Ads by DiscouNNtExtensi” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “by DiscouNNtExtensi” on them (similar to the first image above).
How does DiscouNNtExtensi malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install DiscouNNtExtensi software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the DiscouNNtExtensi virus
- Automatically remove DiscouNNtExtensi virus – Scan for and automatically remove DiscouNNtExtensi and third-party malware
- Manually remove DiscouNNtExtensi virus – Remove/Uninstall DiscouNNtExtensi and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic DiscouNNtExtensi virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove DiscouNNtExtensi and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall DiscouNNtExtensi adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall DiscouNNtExtensi and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for DiscouNNtExtensi, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual DiscouNNtExtensi virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall DiscouNNtExtensi and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall DiscouNNtExtensi
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for DiscouNNtExtensi and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that DiscouNNtExtensi may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove DiscouNNtExtensi add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove DiscouNNtExtensi add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the DiscouNNtExtensi extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the DiscouNNtExtensi add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the DiscouNNtExtensi add-on and remove it if located.