How to remove DigiCoupon (Virus Removal Guide)
The DigiCoupon virus is a potentially unwanted program (or a PUP) and adware that primarily installs to a computer running the Microsoft Windows operating system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension without direct user consent or knowledge. DigiCoupon adware employs deceptive and unethical marketing practices in order to serve targeted advertisements, which in return may create additional privacy relating problems for computer users.
Once DigiCoupon malware is installed, the adware program will being to collect user information and will display target advertisements, deals, offers for searched items or currently viewed websites and products on retail websites. Targeted advertisements put a user’s privacy at risk because the adware will need to access a large amount of user browsing data to produce ‘targeted’ ads. Information it may collect includes all browsing activities, bookmarks, and browser history. It can also make changes to applications, plugins, and browser settings including the homepage and default search engine.
DigiCoupon advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms. Some are pop-under browser redirects that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say “Ads by DigiCoupon” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by DigiCoupon” on them.
How did DigiCoupon get on my computer?
DigiCoupon adware is usually contracted without consent or knowledge of the computer user alongside third-party programs and files, such as freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other free downloadable content. The potentially unwanted programs and files that deliver the adware can be introduced to a computer system and affected internet browsers with or without user authorization.
Computer and internet users who seek to download and install free programs and files online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a ‘custom’ offer to install DigiCoupon adware and other programs during the setup and installation process. However, the request to decline DigiCoupon adware from installing is often presented in a very confusing manner. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline DigiCoupon from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
[fancy_box title=”DigiCoupon overview”]
- The DigiCoupon extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The DigiCoupon extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- DigiCoupon bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- DigiCoupon can arrive on a computer system packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, and others.
- DigiCoupon injects visited webpages with pop-up, pop-under, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- DigiCoupon makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing it to run every time Windows starts and to check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has previously been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove DigiCoupon (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove DigiCoupon extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall DigiCoupon from Windows
- Step 3: Remove DigiCoupon virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove DigiCoupon extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the DigiCoupon extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the DigiCoupon add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the DigiCoupon extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall DigiCoupon from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for DigiCoupon and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove DigiCoupon virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected including PUP.Optional.GlassBottle.A. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.