What is Coupon Storm?
Coupon Storm adware generates pop-up ads in your web browser that usually say “Ads by Coupon Storm” on them. Coupon Storm ads can appear when you hover your mouse over an image, when you hover your mouse over hyperlinked text, or at random moments. The ads this adware generates can also cover legitimate advertisements on the websites you visit with generic banner and skyscraper ads. Furthermore, Coupon Storm adware may also serve pop-under advertisements that take-up an entire browser window.
If you find Coupon Storm on your computer is is likely that additional malware and unwanted programs have also been introduced. Like most adware, Coupon Storm is known to bundle with and install alongside other unwanted programs, adware, and potential threats. A simple scan with a reputable removal tool like Malwarebytes can conclude this finding.
|Names||Coupon Storm, Coupon Storm virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements and sponsored search results in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
Coupon Storm Removal Options
Manual Removal Guide
This manual Coupon Storm removal guide contains steps to help you completely remove Coupon Storm and other threats from your computer. In order to eradicate this threat please follow each step in order.
Coupon Storm Removal Steps
- Step 1: Uninstall Coupon Storm via Windows Control Panel
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Coupon Storm and other threats with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove Coupon Storm and existing threats with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner
1. The first step to remove Coupon Storm is to uninstall the program from Windows Control Panel if there is a usable uninstall entry. To uninstall Coupon Storm go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (or Add and Remove Programs) and search for Coupon Storm and other suspicious programs in the list. Once you have found Coupon Storm, double click it to begin the uninstall process. Repeat this step for any other suspicious programs you may have found.
2. The second step to remove Coupon Storm is to remove any unwanted browser add-ons and extensions that may have installed from each web browser on your computer.
|Google Chrome||Go to Customize and control Google Chrome > More Tools > Extensions|
|Mozilla Firefox||Go to Menu > Add-ons|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||Go to Tools > Manage add-ons|
|Apple Safari||Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions|
3. The third step to remove Coupon Storm is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. Open Malwarebytes and click the large blue Scan Now button to begin a scan.
6. Once the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and Finish button afterwards. If Malwarebytes suggests that you restart your computer please do so.
7. The fourth step to remove Coupon Storm is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using HitmanPro; a reputable second-opinion scan and removal tool.
9. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
10. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button and then click the Reboot button. *To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
11. The fifth step to remove Coupon Storm is to clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner.
13. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
14. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
15. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.