Coupon Clipster virus
If you are seeing Ads by Coupon Clipster, your computer may be infected with what is referred to as the Coupon Clipster virus (also known as CouponClipster virus). This program is not technically a computer virus, but instead is detected as potential malware (or a PUP) in the adware, browser hijacker, and spyware categories of computer infections. Coupon Clipster primarily installs to a computer using Microsoft Windows and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent in order to collect user information, which is used to serve targeted advertisements and in return can create additional privacy relating issues for computer users.
Once Coupon Clipster malware is installed, the adware program will being to collect user information and in turn, uses the information to display target advertisements, deals, and offers.
Browser add-ons and extensions often have extensive permissions set that will allow them to collect a user’s complete browsing and computing activity. This includes information manually submitted online while the adware program is installed, such as search terms and contact information.
Coupon Clipster ads are generated in a variety of forms. Some are simple banner advertisements, drop-down coupon ads, pop-under browser redirects that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say something like “Ads by Coupon Clipster” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images and say something similar to “brought by Coupon Clipster” on them.
How does Coupon Clipster malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Coupon Clipster software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the Coupon Clipster virus
- Automatically remove Coupon Clipster virus – Scan for and automatically remove Coupon Clipster and third-party malware
- Manually remove Coupon Clipster virus – Remove/Uninstall Coupon Clipster and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Coupon Clipster virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Coupon Clipster and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Coupon Clipster adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Coupon Clipster and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Coupon Clipster, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Coupon Clipster virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Coupon Clipster and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Coupon Clipster
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Coupon Clipster and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Coupon Clipster may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove Coupon Clipster add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Coupon Clipster add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Coupon Clipster extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Coupon Clipster add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Coupon Clipster add-on and remove it if located.