How to remove CoolWords (Virus Removal Guide)
CoolWords, also known as Cool Words is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or potential malware categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware. If you are seeing ads by CoolWords on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Internet Explorer, you may have unwanted software installed to your Windows Operating System, as well as additional browser add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs), and extensions.
Once CoolWords malware is installed, the cross-browser advertisement supported program will being to collect user information, which it uses to display target advertisements, deals, and offers while a user browses the internet.
CoolWords advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms and may even appear when a user is offline (ie: on Windows Desktop). Some advertisements are pop-under ads that appear underneath an open browser window, some are in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by CoolWords” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “CoolWords Deals” on them.
How does CoolWords malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install CoolWords software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the CoolWords virus
- Automatically remove CoolWords virus – Scan for and automatically remove CoolWords and third-party malware
- Manually remove CoolWords virus – Remove/Uninstall CoolWords and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic CoolWords virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove CoolWords and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall CoolWords adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall CoolWords and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for CoolWords, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual CoolWords virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall CoolWords and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall CoolWords
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for CoolWords and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that CoolWords may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove CoolWords add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove CoolWords add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the CoolWords extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the CoolWords add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the CoolWords add-on and remove it if located.