How to remove Cool Browser (Virus Removal Guide)
According to the top internet security vendors, Cool Browser (also searched for as Cool Browser virus or CoolBrowser) is another deceptive and untrustworthy potentially unwanted program that is promoted as a free alternative internet browser. Additionally, Once Cool Browser is detected as adware adware and once it has been installed the ad-serving program will delete or attempt to hide existing third-party internet browsers, such as Google Chrome, in attempt to become the default browser. It will also remove ad-blocking type programs and will ultimately collect your user browsing data and generate advertisements while you browse the web.
Cool Browser adware has a very high detection ratio and most reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs, such as Symantec Norton and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will detect and remove it. However, Cool Browser can also be the sign of a serious computer infection because it rarely installs as a standalone object. The adware is known to commonly bundle with other potentially unwanted programs, adware, browser hijackers, malware, and malicious files. This is why the professional internet security industry and malware analysts strongly recommend to remove Cool Browser if you find that your PC has contracted the adware.
Cool Browser adware injects the webpages you visit with deceptive and targeted style advertisements. The advertisements displayed by this adware usually say something similar to Ads by Cool Browser, Cool Browser Ads, or brought by Cool Browser on them. Cool Browser ads are defined as ‘targeted’ advertisements because they target people based off of their current and past browsing habits. In order to generate targeted style advertisements the adware will initially need to obtain access to and collect personal browsing data, including information about all the websites you visit, the things you search for online, text you input into online text fields, your browser history, browser bookmarks, and more. The adware basically manufactures advertisements it feels you will most likely click on.
This program is often referred to as the Cool Browser virus, but it is not technically defined as a computer virus. Even though the “Cool Browser virus” is not actually a computer virus it is still very similar to a computer virus and is a threat to your privacy. As previously stated it can also be the sign of a severe malware infection, as well as a computer virus issue. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Cool Browser if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension, as well as to use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files that may arrive with the adware.
Cool Browser and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Cool Browser is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Cool Browser adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
How to remove Cool Browser (Virus Removal Guide)
This comprehensive Cool Browser removal guide will help you remove Cool Browser virus from your PC and get rid of ads by Cool Browser.
- How to uninstall Cool Browser
- How to remove Cool Browser virus with Malwarebytes
- For Tech Support: Call 1-888-986-8411
How to uninstall Cool Browser
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for Cool Browser in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Cool Browser to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Cool Browser in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Cool Browser extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Cool Browser add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Cool Browser extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Cool Browser virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Cool Browser” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Cool Browser we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Cool Browser.[/note]
Cool Browser virus removal tips
- If you do not find Cool Browser in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Cool Browser you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411