How to remove ConstaSurf (Virus Removal Guide)
ConstaSurf is an adware and spyware program that displays advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer by installing software to a Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 Operating System, such as a browser helper object (BHO) and/or attaching browser add-ons and extensions to affected browsers.
Often referred to as the ConstaSurf virus, Consta Surf virus, or Ads by ConstaSurf pop-ups, ConstaSurf is not technically a computer virus but is instead detected as potential malware or a Potentially Unwanted Program PUP by most security vendors.
Once ConstaSurf malware is installed, the adware program will being to collect user information and will display target advertisements, deals, and offers , or advertisements it feels are relevant to the user. These advertisements may also appear offline.
ConstaSurf advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms. Some are pop-under ads, in-text ads that say “Ads by ConstaSurf” on them (like the picture above), or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over an image and says something similar to “brought by ConstaSurf or click to continue” on them.
How does ConstaSurf malware get onto a computer?
ConstaSurf malware primarily bundles with third-party freeware and shareware that is distributed by websites such as download.com, but can also be contracted via advertisements, torrents, and other files found on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install ConstaSurf software and other items such as Conduit Search during the installation process of third-party freeware and shareware; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner and the adware program will accidentally install.
How to remove the ConstaSurf virus
- Automatically remove ConstaSurf virus – Scan for and automatically remove ConstaSurf and third-party malware
- Manually remove ConstaSurf virus – Remove/Uninstall ConstaSurf and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic ConstaSurf virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove ConstaSurf and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. When the Malwarebytes interface has open on the dashboard, click the large Scan Now button to start scanning your computer for malicious files. *Scan options can also be found in the “Scan” section.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall ConstaSurf adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall ConstaSurf and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for ConstaSurf, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual ConstaSurf virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall ConstaSurf and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall ConstaSurf
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for ConstaSurf and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that ConstaSurf may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove ConstaSurf add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove ConstaSurf add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party add-ons and extensions.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ConstaSurf extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the ConstaSurf add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the ConstaSurf add-on and remove it if located.