How to remove Capture It Plus adware
The distribution methods and what Capture It Plus does to your computer after it is installed is cause for concern. Capture It Plus is flagged by the internet security community and various Antivirus and Anti-Malware vendors for being potentially malicious; some Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs categorize it as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware. Even though Capture It Plus is not defined as a computer virus it is still recognized as a potentially unwanted program and potentially malicious; you should remove Capture It Plus immediately if you are affected by it.
Capture It Plus is noted for utilizing very deceptive and untrustworthy marketing tactics that are specifically designed to persuade internet users to manually install it. The publisher or a third-party website that distributes the software or a download manager promoting the software may claim that the program is something it is not. The program may also be promoted alongside and bundle with additional adware and malicious files that can put your security and PC at risk.
Capture It Plus adware serves pop-up advertisements in a victim’s web browser once it is finished installed. If a computer is infected with Capture It Plus adware the user will notice pop-up advertisements in the web browser that say “Ads by Capture It Plus” on them.
Advertisements will arrive on an infected computer system inside the web browser. The ads can affect Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, and other web browsers. Ads can be shown as generic pop-ups, pop-under ads that take up an entire browser window, and in-text advertisements that appear when you hover your mouse over hyperlinked text on a webpage.
Capture It Plus Distribution
Like most adware, Capture It Plus adware is no different in the way it is distributed. The adware primarily bundles with other programs that are usually downloaded by the user with out without consent. The most common way this occurs is if a user downloads and installs a program or file from a questionable source. Downloading items online such as freeware and torrent files will result in potentially unwanted programs infecting the user’s system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, downloading it from a malicious or deceptive site can lead to infection. Furthermore, popular websites like download.com and softonic.com are known to bundle adware with the programs and files they publicly distribute.
If the computer user has recently downloaded a malicious program, Capture It Plus adware might have automatically downloaded in the background without permission or knowledge of the user. The user might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update. Malicious authors often hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading adware. In some instances Capture It Plus may be advertised as an extension to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download. Regardless of how the system was infected, removal remains relatively unchanged.
Capture It Plus Details
|Name||Capture It Plus, Capture It Plus virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove Capture It Plus adware
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Capture It Plus and unwanted programs
- Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove Capture It Plus is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove Capture It Plus is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Capture It Plus and unwanted programs
The third step to remove Capture It Plus is to uninstall Capture It Plus and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Capture It Plus Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled Capture It Plus, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove unwanted add-ons and extension
The fourth step to remove Capture It Plus is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove Capture It Plus is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.