How to remove BrowserWeb (Virus Removal Guide)
BrowserWeb (also searched for as the BrowserWeb virus) is the title of a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that can access your computer without your consent and knowledge. BrowserWeb can also be described as a file and process (BrowserWeb.exe) associated with multiple threats including MixVideoPlayer and other programs. The BrowserWeb process will run once threatening programs have obtained access to your computer. They may be by design in order to hide the program and make it difficult to manually eradicate or uninstall from Windows Control Panel. For example, a program such as MixVideoPlayer may ask users to close all windows and end all processes in order to uninstall it; However, the process for the program will be titled BrowserWeb.exe as opposed to being similar to the name of the actual program that it is associated with.
Malwarebytes will detect BrowserWeb as PUP.Optional.BrowserWeb. The unwanted program is known to schedule new tasks that allow it to perform certain functions, collect user browsing data, change existing internet browser settings, and display pop-up, in-text, and over-laying advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer web browsers.
|Name(s)||BrowserWeb, BrowserWeb virus, PUP.Optional.BrowserWeb|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||The adware bundles with freeware and dubious files.|
|Detection Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool|
BrowserWeb Removal Guide
BrowserWeb cannot usually be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. However, we have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove BrowserWeb and other threats from your PC.
- Step 1: Uninstall unwanted programs from Windows
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
- Step 3: Remove BrowserWeb virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove BrowserWeb malware with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Step 1: Uninstall BrowserWeb from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall unwanted programs from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find unwanted programs installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove unwanted extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a BrowserWeb attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove BrowserWeb from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted extensions in the list and click the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for unwanted add-ons and click Remove next to each one.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button next to each one.
Step 3: Remove BrowserWeb virus with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove BrowserWeb (PUP.Optional.BrowserWeb) with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove BrowserWeb malware with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove BrowserWeb with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. To finish things off, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.