How to remove Br Media Player (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove Br Media Player (Virus Removal Guide)
Br Media Player (also searched for as Br Media Player virus, BrMediaPlayer) is a dubious media player detected as adware and a potentially unwanted program, or PUP, that has been flagged by the cyber security community for being deceptive and intrusive. The Br Media Player program is known to violate a user’s privacy by gaining unauthorized access to a computer system in order to produce advertisements based off of internet browsing data, such as all browsing activities (like the stuff you search for online and input into online forms), bookmarks, and browser history. Advertisements displayed by this unwanted program will usually say Ads by Br Media Player, brought by Br Media Player, or powered by Br Media Player on them.
What is Br Media Player?
Br Media Player is promoted as a free hi definition media player that will allow you to view media files on your Windows computer.
Potential Br Media Player malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Br Media Player are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Br Media Player adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Br Media Player if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
Br Media Player and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Br Media Player is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Br Media Player adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Br Media Player overview”]
- Br Media Player bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Br Media Player is typically bundled inside third-party freeware installers and download managers.
- Br Media Player injects the webpages you view with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Br Media Player makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks that allow it to run every time Windows starts and enable itself if disabled by the user.
How to remove Br Media Player
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Automatically remove Br Media Player virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 2: Manually remove Br Media Player
- For Tech Support: Call 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Automatically remove Br Media Player virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Br Media Player” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Br Media Player we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present.[/note]
Step 2: Manually remove Br Media Player
How to uninstall Br Media Player
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Br Media Player in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Br Media Player to uninstall it.
How to remove Br Media Player add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Br Media Player extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Br Media Player add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Br Media Player extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Br Media Player virus removal tips
- If you do not find Br Media Player in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Br Media Player you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411