How to remove Boost for Internet Explorer (Virus Removal Guide)
Boost for Internet Explorer virus
Boost for Internet Explorer by Verti Technology Group, Inc.(also known as BoostUpdater or Boost for IE) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and malware found in the adware category of computer threats. Boost for Internet Explorer is primarily used to display a variety of advertisements on Microsoft Internet Explorer while the user browses the internet; However, this program often bundles with additional adware in order to affect Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and other popular internet browsers.
Boost for Internet Explorer mainly uses browser helper objects that install to a Windows operating system, to collect user information display advertisements on all versions of Internet Explorer.
Advertisements display by this program are often identified by text that says something similar to “Ads by Boost for Internet Explorer,” or “Explore Related Products” although these advertisements may be served by additional third-party adware and advertising platforms, such as RightCoupon.
If this program is installed an internet user may also face browser redirects when opening a new browser window or tab, browser redirects when searching the web using the affected browser’s address bar, hijacked homepage settings, and other issues.
How to remove Boost for Internet Explorer
- Option 1: Boost for Internet Explorer Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Boost for Internet Explorer malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Boost for Internet Explorer – This second option details how to manually uninstall Boost for Internet Explorer and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Boost for Internet Explorer Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Boost for Internet Explorer and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
2. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
4. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Boost for Internet Explorer adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Boost for Internet Explorer (by Verti Technology Group, Inc.) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Boost for Internet Explorer, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Boost for Internet Explorer
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Boost for Internet Explorer adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Boost for Internet Explorer
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Boost for Internet Explorer (by Verti Technology Group, Inc.) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Boost for Internet Explorer add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Boost for Internet Explorer add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions and remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for suspicious add-ons and remove them once found.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Boost for Internet Explorer add-on and remove it if located.