Blitz Media Player virus
The Blitz Media Player virus (also found as the Blitz virus, Media Blitz virus, Blitz Media Player – a modern video player, Blitz Media Player by Jenkat; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that is promoted as a free Audio and Video Media Player for Mac and Windows Operating Systems.
Blitz Media Player along-with third-party malware installs to a Microsoft Windows computer system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent. Blitz Media Player primarily bundles with third-party items and other potential malware that may cause further complications for users.
Once Blitz Media Player is installed, the program and other third-party items will attempt to display targeted advertisements and offers for searched items or currently viewed products on retail websites and will begin to replace existing internet browser settings.
Most of the time Blitz Media Player pop-up ads appear form the bottom right of an open internet browser window with targeted coupons and that may say “Deals” on the corner of the pop-up, alike the advertisement in the image above. Some of these advertisements may also be displayed by third-party software like Plus HD malware and so the advertisements generated will say something similar to “brought by Plus-HD 2.2.”
Blitz Media Player malware and third-party items have also been reported to submit collected user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
How does Blitz Media Player malware get onto a computer?
When installing software from third-party websites users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Blitz Media Player and other items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove Blitz Media Player
- Automatically remove Blitz Media Player virus - Scan for and automatically remove Blitz Media Player and third-party malware
- Manually remove Blitz Media Player virus - Remove/Uninstall Blitz Media Player software and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support - Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Blitz Media Player removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Blitz Media Player and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and then click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Blitz Media Player malware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Blitz Media Player and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Blitz Media Player (Blitz Media Player – a modern video player by Jenkat Media Inc.), etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Blitz Media Player virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Blitz Media Player adware and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Blitz Media Player
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Blitz Media Player (Blitz Media Player – a modern video player by Jenkat Media Inc.) and other potentially unwanted software. Once Blitz Media Player is located, double click the program or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Blitz Media Player may use a different title name than suggested and bundle with third-party software.
How to remove Blitz Media Player add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Blitz Media Player add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Blitz Media Player extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Blitz Media Player add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Blitz Media Player add-on and remove it if located.