How to remove Atajitos (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Atajitos?
Atajitos is a website and search engine associated with browser hijackers that change existing internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer in order to cause browser redirects to atajitos.com, search.atajitos.com, and other websites.
The website atajitos.com is utilized by potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and freeware to monetize products and services. If an internet browser is redirecting to atajitos.com it is likely because the computer system has an unwanted program installed and/or additional browser attachments, including add-ons and extensions such as ISTsearch.
In fact, browser redirects to this search engine are often referred by third-party search engines, such as istsearch.com and Spellso.
Malware analyst also find that browser hijackers associated with this suspicious website may bundle with third-party items, including adware that causes unwanted pop-up advertisements to appear while browsing the web.
The most common symptoms of the Atajitos virus (although not technically a computer virus) is unwanted browser start-ups and redirects to the website. Most browser redirects occur when a user opens a new browser window, opens a new browser tab, or searches the web using the browser address bar.
This page contains instructions to remove Atajitos virus. Use the free Atajitos removal guide on this page to stop browser redirects to atajitos.com, search.atajitos.com, and other websites on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
How to remove Atajitos virus
- Automatically remove Atajitos – Scan for and automatically remove Atajitos and third-party malware
- Manually remove Atajitos – Remove/Uninstall atajitos.com supported software and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Atajitos virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Atajitos and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall the atajitos.com hijacker and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall atajitos.com supported software and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for software used to support the search engine in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Atajitos virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Atajitos supported software and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Atajitos
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for atajitos.com supported software. Once located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Atajitos add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Atajitos add-ons and extension. Please note, it may be necessary to remove different attachments than suggested and multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Atajitos extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Atajitos add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Atajitos add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Atajitos search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the Atajitos search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the Atajitos search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the Atajitos search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.atajitos.com/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove atajitos.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove atajitos.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove atajitos.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove atajitos.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.