How to remove the AppCaster virus (Removal Guide)
The AppCaster virus (also found as the App Caster virus, Mobile App Sync virus, AppCaster for Android, etc.; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent. AppCaster primarily bundles with third-party items and other potential malware that may cause further complications for users.
Once AppCaster or MobileAppSync malware is installed, a pop-up may appear that suggests a user should sign in using their Google account. This page reads “Connect to your Google Account to receive free apps.”
AppCaster will also display targeted advertisements and offers for searched items or currently viewed products on retail websites and will begin to replace existing internet browser settings. The image above shows AppCaster Deals advertisements displaying Apple iphones while the internet user is viewing an iphone on Walmart.com
Most of the time AppCaster pop-up advertisements appear form the bottom right of an open internet browser window with targeted coupons and that may say “Deals” on the corner of the pop-up, alike the advertisement in the image above. Some of these advertisements may also be displayed by third-party software like Plus HD and so the advertisements generated will say something similar to “brought by Plus-HD 2.2.”
AppCaster malware and third-party items, including software published by Mobile App Sync have also been reported to submit collected sensitive user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
- AppCaster is also known as and published by Mobile App Sync, and is promoted as free ad-supported software that claims to give free apps to Android phone users.
- This item will display advertisements from third-party platforms and aggressively install additional “bloatware” to a computer system.
How does AppCaster malware get onto a computer?
In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install AppCaster and other items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a confusing or time restricted manner. In the image above, there is not option to decline the installation.
AppCaster malware can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of unethical sources including the company website.
How to remove the AppCaster virus
- Automatically remove AppCaster virus – Scan for and automatically remove AppCaster and third-party malware
- Manually remove AppCaster virus – Remove/Uninstall AppCaster software and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic AppCaster virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove AppCaster adware and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall AppCaster malware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall AppCaster (Mobile App Sync) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for AppCaster, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual AppCaster virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall AppCaster and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall AppCaster (Mobile App Sync)
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for AppCaster (also known as Mobile App Sync) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that AppCaster may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove AppCaster add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove AppCaster add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the AppCaster extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the AppCaster add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the AppCaster add-on and remove it if located.