AnyProtect by CMI Limited (also known as Any Protect) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and possible malware found in the adware and spyware categories of computer threats. Potential AnyProtect malware is promoted as an unlimited storage backup service and program. AnyProtect utilizes aggressive and misleading marketing practices in order to scare victims into purchasing their services.
Once AnyProtect is installed, the program will begin to scan the infected computer for files to backup online. The program will then detail personal files, data size, system stability, data age, and system age. If a user wishes to close the program, a “Before you close…” pop-up message will appear that claims the computer has a numerical amount of files “at risk.” This can be seen as an unethical marketing practice due to the fact that this program is used for backup purposes and is no way qualified to measure the level of risk on a computer system based on a number of files and data.
If AnyProtect malware is on your computer, you are at a high risk of a very severe computer infection. This program often bundles with dangerous backdoors and trojan horses, as well as browser hijackers that collect internet data and change existing internet browser settings; causing browser redirects and startups to suspicious search engines and websites.
This program will also display a wide variety of on and offline pop-up advertisements.
How does AnyProtect malware get onto a computer?
AnyProtect primarily bundles with third-party software and malicious downloaders such as a manager called Installer. This program can be contracted via advertisements on media related websites.
In some scenerious a user may be given the chance to accept or decline an offer to install AnyProtect; However the denial request is often ignored.
AnyProtect Removal Guide
This AnyProtect removal guide will help you remove the AnyProtect virus and uninstall AnyProtect malware from Windows in order to get rid of unwanted pop-up advertisements and browser redirects on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Automatic Removal Guide
- Manual Removal Guide
- For Tech Support – Call 1-866-521-2427 and we will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove AnyProtect and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall AnyProtect adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall AnyProtect
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for AnyProtect (by CMI Limited) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove AnyProtect add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove AnyProtect add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the AnyProtect Shopper extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the AnyProtect Shopper add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the AnyProtect Shopper add-on and remove it if located.