How to remove “Also on the Web” advertisements
If you are noticing advertisements that say “Also on the Web” while browsing the internet, your computer is infected with adware. Also on the Web advertisements are generated by multiple Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) and malware in the form of add-ons, browser helper objects, and extensions that must be removed and uninstalled in order to stop these advertisements from appearing.
Programs that generate Also on the Web ads may also have permission to access and change existing internet browser settings and user information. In most cases additional browser add-ons and extensions found on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer have required permissions that allow them to access, collect, and change settings and information such as a user’s browser activity, history, bookmarks, and default search engine.
These programs may also be deigned to run every time Windows is started. This can cause a computer system and internet browsing experience to become slower and compromised.
Alongside Also on the Web ads, a user may also experience unwanted browser redirects to suspicious websites when searching the web using the browser address or omni bar, as well as unwanted browser startups when booting an internet browser or manually opening a new browser window or tab.
Also on the Web advertisements are designed to appear as if they are part of the visited website. They may appear on retail based websites such as Walmart.com in suspicious areas proven to generate clicks; However, Also on the Web advertisements are not genuine of any website and are only caused by adware and other unwanted programs.
How to remove “Also on the Web” ads
- Option 1: Also on the Web Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Also on the Web malware using the free or full versions of Hitman Pro software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove “Also on the Web” Ads – This second option details how to manually uninstall Also on the Web and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Also on the Web Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove adware and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
Hitman Pro by SurfRight
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Hitman Pro software.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Your computer should now be clean of threats, tracking cookies, malware, and other unwanted traces.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Also on the Web adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall adware and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Also on the Web, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove “Also on the Web” Ads
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Also on the Web adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Also on the Web adware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for suspicious software titles. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Also on the Web add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Also on the Web add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious web extensions and remove them by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for suspicious add-ons and remove them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.