Remove “Ads by CS”
If you see advertisements that say Ads by CS, brought by CS, or simply “CS” while you browse the internet your computer is infected with adware called CleverSearch (also searched for as CS virus). CS is a shortened name for this particular piece of adware. CS is known to access a computer system without user consent or by use of very deceptive marketing techniques designed to trick users into manually installing it. Once CS adware has obtain access to a computer system it will access user browsing data such as all activities, bookmarks, and history, and will use the data to generate pop-up ads that say Ads by CS, brought by CS, or “CS” while you browse the web.
What is CS?
CS is advertised by third-party freeware installers as a free web shopping companion that can help you find online coupons and deals. It claims to display in-text ads, transitional ads, and other types of advertisements.
Potential CS malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by CS are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
CS adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove CS if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did CS get on my computer?
CleverSeearch adware and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. CS is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that CS adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”CS overview”]
- CS bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- CS is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- CS injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- CS makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Ads by CS
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Ads by CS with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Ads by CS
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Ads by CS with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “CS” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing CS we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove CS.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Ads by CS
How to uninstall CleverSearch
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for CleverSearch in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click CS to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find CS in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove CS below.[/note]
How to remove CS add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the CS extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the CS add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the CS extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find CS in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove CS below.[/note]
CS virus removal tips
- If you do not find CS in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing CS you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411