123Search (also searched for as 123Search virus) is detected by most Antivirus and Anti-Malware databases as adware or a potentially unwanted program (PUP). 123Search is primarily used to serve deceptive and intrusive pop-up, banner, and in-text style advertisements while you browse the web. Advertisements that 123Search serves usually contain small test on them that say something similar to Ads By 123Search or Powered By 123Search.
Although the “123Search virus” is not defined as a computer virus, the unwanted program to be taken with a grain of salt. The adware can violate your privacy and cause a lot of privacy related nuisances. 123Search generates very intrusive advertisements that are defined as ‘targeted’ ads. Targeted style advertisements are a very big privacy concern because in order to be produced the adware will need to access your personal browsing data such as all your data on the websites you visit, your bookmarks, and your browser history. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits in order to serve you advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. Advertisements generated by this adware may also be harmful to your computer.
123Search can be the sign of a very severe malware infection. In fact, our review of this adware found that it downloaded and installed alongside hundreds of malicious files and unwanted programs, which is much more than most common forms of adware. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove 123Search if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension, and to use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
123Search and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. 123Search is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that 123Search adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
How to remove 123Search (Virus Removal Steps)
- Step 1: Automatically remove 123Search virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 2: Manually remove 123Search
- For Tech Support: Call 1-866-521-2427
Step 1: Automatically remove 123Search virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “123Search” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing 123Search we suggest that use a second opinion scanner and removal tool such as HitmanPro to locate and remove any malicious files that may be present.[/note]
Step 2: Manually remove 123Search
How to uninstall 123Search
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for 123Search in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click 123Search to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find 123Search in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove 123Search below.[/note]
How to remove 123Search add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the 123Search extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the 123Search add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the 123Search extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find 123Search in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove 123Search below.[/note]
123Search virus removal tips
- If you do not find 123Search in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing 123Search you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call: