How to remove RegClean PRO (Virus Removal Guide)
RegClean Pro (developed by Systweak Inc.) is considered a potentially unwanted program (PUP) in the scareware category by several legitimate security products. RegClean Pro software is promoted as an unregistered (free) and registered (full) Microsoft Windows Cleaner and Optimizer tool; however, RegClean is may be considered non-beneficial.
RegClean may claim that a computer system has a large amount of errors found including shared DLLs, application paths, MRU lists, and others after the product performs a scan. RegClean will then claim to fix a large quantity of errors, but then states that a small amount of errors can not be completely repaired unless the user purchases the full product.
RegClean-Pro and associated parties that the program often bundles with may also collect and share user information manually submitted online while the program is installed or information submitted to the initial party and involved third-parties, as well as what they describe as anonymous usage information (anonymous information can still be used to identify a person or make communications).
In the short time that RegClean and similar software has been active the company has accumulated many complaints filed with the BBB stating advertising/sales issues, delivery issues, guarantee/warranty issues, and problems with product/service.
How to remove RegClean
- Automatically remove RegClean – Scan for and automatically remove RegClean malware
- Manually remove RegClean – Remove/Uninstall RegClean and third-party malware if allowed
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic RegClean removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove RegClean scareware and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn and possibly rogue RegClean software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “RegClean or Systweak.”
4. To automatically uninstall RegClean-Pro and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual RegClean removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall rogue RegClean software using generic removal procedures (if allowed), as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall RegClean
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for RegClean-Pro (Systweak Inc.) and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.