How to remove Record Page (Virus Removal Guide)
Record Page (also known as Record Page virus, RecordPage) is included in the generic adware and adware plugin categories of possible computer threats. Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs will additionally detect Record Page as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Record Page adware is known to bundle with other unwanted programs, adware, and malware. The main symptom of a Record Page adware infection are pop-up advertisements that usually say “Ads by Record Page” or “powered by Record Page” on them.
What is Record Page?
Record Page is similar to most generic adware and plugin adware objects. These types of adware programs and browser attachments are usually promoted as free web shopping utilities and applications that can help internet users find a variety of online coupons and deals. However, this type of adware is known to be intrusive and violate a user’s privacy by getting onto a computer, attaching to affected internet browsers, and accessing user browsing data without direct consent or knowledge.
Record Page serves ‘targeted’ advertisements to users browsing the internet, and targeted advertisements can only be produced if the program has access to user browsing data. Record Page adware and the programs that it often bundles with can access and gather browsing data, such as all browsing activities, bookmarks, app data, and browser history. This information is used to generate advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on based off of their current and past browsing habits.
Furthermore, Record Page bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and other possible malicious threats. This means that it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
Third-party programs and malware that can bundle with Record Page adware will cause other issues aside from pop-up advertisements. Other issues include unwanted browser redirections to sponsored webpages, like Jogostempo.com, decreased computer productivity, and decreased internet speed.
Record Page adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also manufacture new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity. Furthermore, if Record Page is manually removed, it is possibly that the adware or another one in its place will return before a week has passed.
How did Record Page get on my computer?
Record Page adware is primarily automatically contracted without consent or knowledge of the computer user through third-party programs and files that hev remained undetected on the computer system. The potentially unwanted programs and files that deliver the adware are usually contracted without user consent alongside freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other free downloadable content.
Computer and internet users who seek to download and install free items online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install Record Page adware and other programs. However, the request to decline Record Page adware from installing is often presented in a very deceptive manner, which can make it confusing for a computer user. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline Record Page from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
[fancy_box title=”Record Page overview”]
- Record Page extensions can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- Record Page extensions can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Record Page bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- Record Page is usually packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, and others.
- Record Page injects visited webpages with pop-up, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- Record Page makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove Record Page (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove Record Page extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Record Page from Windows
- Step 3: Remove Record Page virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove Record Page extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Record Page extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the Record Page add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the Record Page extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall Record Page from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Record Page and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove Record Page virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.