How to remove Razor Web (Virus Removal Steps)
Razor Web virus
Razor Web virus is a misused term commonly used to describe this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware. Even though Razor Web is not a computer virus this adware is still a realistic privacy threat and sign of a serious computer infection. Razor Web adware is primarily used to access a PC without user knowledge, collect all your browsing data, and inject the webpages you visit with a wide variety of deceptive and intrusive advertisements. Razor Web ads can be delivered as generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by Razor Web are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
One of the biggest issues with this adware is that it serves targeted advertisements and targeted advertisements can only be produced by the adware if it has obtained access to extensive user browsing data including your activities, the information you submit online, web searches, bookmarks, and browser history. This information is used to generate advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on.
The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Razor Web if you find it installed onto your computer system or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension.
[fancy_box title=”Razor Web overview”]
- The Razor Web extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The Razor Web extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- Razor Web bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Razor Web is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Razor Web injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Razor Web makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Razor Web (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Razor Web with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Razor Web
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Razor Web with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Razor Web” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Razor Web we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Razor Web.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Razor Web
How to uninstall Razor Web
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Razor Web in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Razor Web to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Razor Web in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Razor Web below.[/note]
How to remove Razor Web add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Razor Web extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Razor Web add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Razor Web extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Razor Web in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Razor Web below.[/note]
Tips to remove Razor Web
- If you do not find Razor Web in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Razor Web you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411