How to remove RapidUp (Virus Removal Guide)
The RapidUp virus (Rapid Up virus) is a term used to identify adware that often penetrates a computer system and affected internet browsers without direct user authorization. Once installed, RapidUp will begin to access and collect browser activities, bookmarks, and history in order to address internet users with targeted advertisements, including in-text advertisements, banners, and generic pop-up ads.
Potential RapidUp malware is often called the “RapidUp virus” even though it is not technically defined as a computer virus or infection. This is because the it has been reported to be very destructive. It can modify existing browser and system settings (including system start-up settings) and it can introduce computer users to other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats that can cause further issues. In order to remove the RapidUp virus it may be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser attachments from affected internet browsers.
How to remove RapidUp
Remove RapidUp virus with this free RapidUp removal guide for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Completely get rid of ads by RapidUp, potentially unwanted programs, and associated malware by using each step on this webpage.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall RapidUp
- Step 4: Remove RapidUp browser attachments
- Step 5: For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing RapidUp. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install and Open the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan once Malwarebytes is open. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. To completely remove RapidUp and other malicious files click the Quarantine All once the scan is complete. You may be asked to reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall RapidUp using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall RapidUp
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for RapidUp. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove RapidUp browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the RapidUp extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the RapidUp add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the RapidUp add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.