What is Rango XP Antivirus 2014?
Rango XP Antivirus 2014 is a rogue Microsoft Windows program in the Rogue.FakeVimes family that masquerades as a legitimate Antivirus and computer security program; However, the rogue program is known to manufacture non-existent security threats in order to scare computer users into activating and purchasing the fraudulent software.
Once the Rango XP Antivirus 2014 virus is contracted it may will perform a bogus computer scan that will result with numerous infections that do not actually exist. It does this so it can scare the user into activating and purchasing the product (which is usually $99.99). This is why this type of software is also known as scareware. Also, Rango XP Antivirus 2014 will not actually help removing any existing threats or threats it claims have been introduced to the computer.
Rango XP Antivirus 2014 malware tries to trick computer users by suggesting that it can be used for ultimate protection against identity theft, viruses, malware, and other threats. This is not true as this program is entirely destructive.
Rango XP Antivirus 2014 scareware can even block legitimate programs used to eradicate it and applications such as Windows Task Manager. It will usually terminate these programs and applications and will display a notification stating that the program(s) has become infected. Furthermore, this rogue program can be used to restrict internet access.
Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet
is suspected to have infected your PC.
This type of virus intercepts entered data and transmits them
to a remote server.
How to remove Rango XP Antivirus 2014
Remove Rango XP Antivirus 2014 malware in 2 easy steps with this free Rango XP Antivirus 2014 removal guide. Get rid of the Rango XP Antivirus 2014 virus, third-party malware, and other malicious traces using each step provided on this webpage.
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.