How to remove RainbowPrices (Removal Guide)
RainbowPrices (also searched for as RainbowPrices virus, Rainbow Prices virus) is destructive adware that should not be taken lightly. RainbowPrices adware generates intrusive and potentially malicious advertisements that usually say Ads by RainbowPrices or brought by RainbowPrices on them. RainbowPrices can also arrive across multiple internet browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari. However, pop-up advertisements is not the only problem with RainbowPrices.
How to remove RainbowPrices (Removal Guide)
- What is RainbowPrices?
- How to uninstall RainbowPrices
- How to remove RainbowPrices with Malwarebytes
- RainbowPrices removal tips
What is RainbowPrices?
RainbowPrices adware is typically promoted as a free web shopping utility that can help you find coupons, deals, and discounts for the products you view and search for online.
Ads by RainbowPrices displays ‘targeted’ style advertisements to produce ads relevant to your browsing havits. This means that the adware will manufacture advertisements based off of your personal browsing data, such as your bookmarks and history.
RainbowPrices adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove RainbowPrices if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
RainbowPrices and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. RainbowPrices is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that RainbowPrices adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
- RainbowPrices adware bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- RainbowPrices adware is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- RainbowPrices adware injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- RainbowPrices adware changes existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing the adware to run every time Windows starts.
How to uninstall RainbowPrices
1. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for RainbowPrices in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click RainbowPrices to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find RainbowPrices in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the RainbowPrices extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the RainbowPrices add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the RainbowPrices extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove RainbowPrices with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download Malwarebytes
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
RainbowPrices removal tips
- If you do not find RainbowPrices in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing RainbowPrices you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.