How to remove RadPlayer (Virus Removal Guide)
There are many dubious and unnecessary media players and media player updates. RadPlayer is one of them. RadPlayer (also searched for as RadPlayer virus, Coup coup) is detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by most reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware products. The possibly dubious media player has a high detection ratio. RadPlayer is known to inject the webpages you visit with advertisements that usually say Ads by RadPlayer, Powered by RadPlayer, or brought by RadPlayer on them. RadPlayer ads can simultaneously generate across multiple internet browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
Potential RadPlayer malware injects the websites you visit with pop-up ‘targeted’ style ads. Targeted advertisements are a privacy concern because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce specific advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off information it observes and collects about your current and past browsing experiences.
RadPlayer adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove RadPlayer if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
RadPlayer and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. RadPlayer is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that RadPlayer adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
How to remove RadPlayer
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Uninstall RadPlayer
- Step 2: Scan your computer and remove RadPlayer virus with Malwarebytes
- Call Tech Support: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Uninstall RadPlayer
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for RadPlayer in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click RadPlayer to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find RadPlayer in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the RadPlayer extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the RadPlayer add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the RadPlayer extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Scan your computer and remove RadPlayer virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “RadPlayer” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing RadPlayer we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove RadPlayer.[/note]
RadPlayer virus removal tips
- If you do not find RadPlayer in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing RadPlayer you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411