Ads by QS are caused by QuickSurf adware. QS is essentially used as a shortened name for the potentially unwanted program and adware. If you find QS adware installed on your computer or notice advertisements that say something similar to “Ads by QS” or “brought by QS” your privacy is at risk. Not only does QS adware access and gather your personal user browsing data and produce pop-up ads while you browse the web, but it also arrives on your computer system alongside other unwanted programs and malware that can cause additional issues. This is why we recommend to remove QS adware from your computer using reputable Anti-Malware software that is known to detect the adware and the malicious files that i may bundle with.
What is QS?
QS is promoted as a free web shopping utility that can show you website rankings and will provide you with coupons and details relative to your internet searches and currently viewed content.
Potential QS malware generates deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by QS are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
QS adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove QS if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did QS get on my computer?
QS and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. QS is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that QS adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
How to remove QS virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove QS virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove QS
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove QS virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “QS” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing QS we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove QS.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove QS
How to uninstall QS
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for QS in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click QS to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find QS in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove QS below.[/note]
How to remove QS add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the QS extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the QS add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the QS extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find QS in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove QS below.[/note]
QS virus removal tips
- If you do not find QS in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing QS you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411