PriceGotLower (also searched for as PriceGotLower virus or Price Got Lower) is an adware program that injects the webpages you visit with targeted and deceptive advertisements. Ads displayed by this adware will usually contain text or a phrase that says something similar to “Ads by PriceGotLower” or “brought by PriceGotLower” on them and they can arrive across multiple internet browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari.
How to remove PriceGotLower (Virus Removal Guide)
- What is PriceGotLower?
- How to uninstall PriceGotLower
- How to remove PriceGotLower with Malwarebytes
- PriceGotLower removal tips
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
What is PriceGotLower?
PriceGotLower adware is often promoted as a free web shopping utility that can help you locate coupons, deals, and discounts for the products you view online and search for.
Ads by PriceGotLower displays ‘targeted’ style advertisements. This means that the adware will manufacture advertisements based off of your personal browsing data, such as your bookmarks and history.
PriceGotLower adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove PriceGotLower if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
PriceGotLower and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. PriceGotLower is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that PriceGotLower adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
- PriceGotLower adware bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- PriceGotLower adware is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- PriceGotLower adware injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- PriceGotLower adware changes existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing the adware to run every time Windows starts.
How to uninstall PriceGotLower
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for PriceGotLower in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click PriceGotLower to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find PriceGotLower in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the PriceGotLower extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the PriceGotLower add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the PriceGotLower extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove PriceGotLower with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
PriceGotLower removal tips
- If you do not find PriceGotLower in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing PriceGotLower you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411