Price Slayer virus
Price Slayer (PriceSlayer) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that advances deceptive marketing tactics in order to infiltrate a Microsoft Windows computer system and attach to popular internet browsers as browser add-ons, helper objects (BHOs), and extensions. Once Price Slayer adware is installed the program will obtain direct access to personal internet browsing data (such as all activities, bookmarks, and history) and will use the data to serve targeted advertisements.
Potential Price Slayer malware is commonly known as the “Price Slayer virus” even though the potentially unwanted program is not defined as a computer virus. However, Price Slayer adware is very intrusive before and after install, it has the abilities to modify existing browser and system settings (including browser and system start-up settings), and it primarily bundles with other potentially unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats that can introduce a user to additional issues.
Most advertisements displayed by this adware can be identified by text that says something similar to “Ads by Price Slayer.” These advertisements may be delivered in the form of generic banners, generic pop-up ads, in-text advertisements, and other styles.
How to remove Price Slayer virus
Use this Price Slayer removal guide to remove the Price Slayer virus, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), and malware. This guide will help you remove ads by Price Slayer on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall Price Slayer
- Step 4: Remove Price Slayer browser attachments
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing Price Slayer. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Price Slayer using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall Price Slayer
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Price Slayer. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove Price Slayer browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Price Slayer extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Price Slayer add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Price Slayer add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.