How to remove Price Rocket (Virus Removal Guide)
Price Rocket (also known as Price Rocket virus or PriceRocket) is adware that injects websites with pop-up advertisements. Price Rocket is known to gain access to a computer system without user knowledge. It can gather user browsing data, including all browsing activities, bookmarks, and history, and will use the information to generate targeted advertisements it feels users are likely to click on. Reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs will detect Price Rocket as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware.
Price Rocket is known to bundle with freeware, torrents, and other free programs and files found on the web. These programs will create new tasks on Windows Task Scheduler and make changes to Windows Start-up settings. This will allow the adware and objects that it bundles with to run every time Windows start and ensure that the adware is enabled. These tasks and the program itself use system reouces to perform these tasks. In turn, this can result in decreased computer functionality and internet performance.
Price Rocket is not technically defined as a computer virus, but the unwanted program is still a realistic threat or the sign of a serious computer infection. Potential Price Rocket malware has been reported to download and install alongside third-party malware, malicious files, and additional potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including adware like UniDeals. This means that it will probably be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions in order to stop all unwanted activities from occurring. Apart from manually eradicating the program and others that it bundles with, files may remain undetected to the average computer user. That is why the professional internet security community recommends to use a reputable anti-malware product to remove Price Rocket and malicious files that it may bundle with.
Browser attachments that bundle with ExternalSource have ‘permissions’ set allowing them to perform tasks users may find undesirable. These permissions are listed below.
[list style=”check” color=”green”]
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Read and change your browsing history.
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Manage your downloads.
Price Rocket is usually contracted without user consent or knowledge. It is used to promote free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web, therefor it bundles with multiple objects. Free downloadable content includes freeware, shareware, torrents, and more.
Users who wish to consciously install freeware may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Price Rocket adware and other objects during the installation process; However, the user request to decline the adware from installing is often ignored by the program or presented in a confusing manner and the adware will install anyways.
In some cases, Price Rocket and other unwanted programs are deceptively promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements may be dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on.
How to remove Price Rocket (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Price Rocket
- Step 3: Remove Price Rocket malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Price Rocket add-ons and extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall Price Rocket
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Price Rocket and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove Price Rocket malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.