Positive Ad virus is a term used to identify an adware infection. “Positive Ad” advertisements appear via ad-serving programs and platforms such as WindoWeather. These ad-serving programs display deceptive advertisements on the webpages you visit online. Positive Ad ads will often contain text on them that say simply say “Positive Ad.”
Positive Ad adware is primarily associated with multiple potentially unwanted programs, adware, and malware. These programs may utilize unethical advertising methods in order to provoke unsuspecting users to manually install them. Advertisements may claim that the program is something it is not, like a media player update or button to download or play online videos.
Positive Ad adware can enter your computer or attach to your browser without your knowledge and consent. In some cases, Positive Ad adware will be included as a custom installation for third-party products such as freeware, download managers, and torrent files. It will automatically download in the background while you work on your computer after a third-party program or file has been introduced to your computer. Users may also be given an opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install programs that display these advertisements.
If you notice ads by Positive Ad in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari it is recommended to remove the adware immediately and scan your computer with reputable software to locate any additional threats that may be present. Our test machine was able to locate hundreds of malicious files that were introduced to our machine alongside this adware.
|Name||Positive Ad, Positive Ad virus *This adware is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Pop-up, pop-under, in-text, and generic advertisements
Browser redirections to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
How to remove Positive Ad (Virus Removal Guide)
This Positive Ad removal guide will remove Positive Ad, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer and browser.
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall Positive Ad and unwanted programs
- Remove Positive Ad extension
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this adware is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this adware is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall Positive Ad and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this adware is to uninstall Positive Ad and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for Positive Ad Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled Positive Ad Supporting Application search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove Positive Ad extension
The fourth step to remove this adware is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Positive Ad extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Positive Ad add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the Positive Ad add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Positive Ad extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this adware is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.