Pluto TV (PlutoTV, Pluto TV version 0.0.9) is a potential unwanted program (PUP) that usually installs onto a computer alongside other unwanted programs without user knowledge. Pluto TV and programs that it bundles with are known to gather personal browsing data, such as browsing activities, bookmarks, and history, and use the personal data to generate advertisements on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer it feels users are most likely to click on.
What is Pluto TV?
Publisher Description: Install Pluto TV for free to watch 100+ TV channels handmade for the Internet, right from your desktop.
- Pluto TV may bundle with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including UniDeals.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Pluto TV can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Pluto TV can read and change your browsing history.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Pluto TV can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Pluto TV can manage your downloads.
How does Pluto TV get on a computer?
Sometimes referred to as the Pluto TV virus, this potentially unwanted program is usually contracted without user knowledge alongside free downloadable content, such as freeware, shareware, torrents, and other items. In many cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install this program; However, the offer to decline the program from installing can be ignored or presented in a deceptive manner by the program.
[fancy_box title=”Pluto TV overview”]
- Pluto TV bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Pluto TV is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- Pluto TV injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Pluto TV makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Pluto TV virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
Option 1: Automatically remove Pluto TV virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Pluto TV” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Pluto TV we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Pluto TV.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Pluto TV
How to uninstall Pluto TV
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Pluto TV in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Pluto TV to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Pluto TV in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Pluto TV below.[/note]
How to remove Pluto TV add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Pluto TV extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Pluto TV add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Pluto TV extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Pluto TV in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Pluto TV below.[/note]
Pluto TV virus removal tips
- If you do not find Pluto TV in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Pluto TV you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.