How to remove PlayerStubWrapper1 (Virus Removal Guide)
PlayerStubWrapper1 is known as a generic trojan horse, trojan downloader, or trojan dropper. PlayerStubWrapper1 is used to download and install unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats. It’s common path is C:\users\user\downloads\playerstubwrapper1.exe although this file can be found in any folder, including Windows desktop.
If PlayerStubWrapper1.exe is found on a computer system it is likely that the computer is infected with unwanted programs, adware, spyware, and malware because PlayerStubWrapper1 primarily bundles with unwanted programs such as MedPlayNVr3.3.
PlayerStubWrapper1 is usually contracted through malicious and deceptive advertisements. It commonly downloads alongside unwanted programs and malware. It is rare for PlayerStubWrapper1 to download as a standalone file.
The PlayerStubWrapper1.exe file can be manually deleted; However, since PlayerStubWrapper1 malware bundles with additional unknown malware and introduces a computer to unknown malware it is recommended to use a reputable Anti-Malware product to eradicate the malicious files and any threats associated with the generic trojan.
How to remove PlayerStubWrapper1
- Step 1: Remove suspicious add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall suspicious programs
- Step 3: Scan your computer for PlayerStubWrapper1 malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove suspicious add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon on the menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Find the suspicious extension and other suspicious extensions in the list and remove each extension individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the suspicious add-on and other suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugins tab and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall suspicious programs
1. Open Windows Start Menu and visit the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section of Windows Control Panel.
3. Search through the list of installed programs for any suspicious titles, such as MixVideoPlayer, Browse Pax, System Notifier, or Local Temperature. Click on a program you want to remove and click the Uninstall button that appears on the menu. Repeat these steps for other unwnated programs that may have been introduced to your computer.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for PlayerStubWrapper1 malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer when promoted to do so.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, and so on; all the way to Content Menu for suspicious entries. If you find a suspicious startup entry, select the startup entry with your mouse and click the Delete button.